• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Punta Gorda!

Troll1216

I was with Pahokee PD at the time and we came out for about a week. You guys got hit HARD by those storms. The PGPD guys were all great to us, Put us up in their houses and the PD even fed us. GREAT bunch of guys.

I went to Dosoto County next and those guys were great too.

hemiJon

Good to hear, and thanks always for the help. Are town was destroyed after all of that. My mothers house (we got to be in the middle of the eye of charley) lost the garage and front portion. no power for almost 2 months!

NickAir

Welcome. I used to live in Punta Gorda and am a LEO also, for the State of Oregon. Miss Punta Gorda. Family pulled me to Oregon. I will be back one day.

For a bobber, go for the 5 ton. You get dependability unlike the deuce. Just ask the military mechanics from the era. 5 tons have much better brakes, running gear, power steering, (one finger steering at any speed.) Also, an extra 100 hp. and gobs of torque. I think they are quieter but no proof. The 6353 spicer trans is overdrive and geared more for highway with the super low first gear. The 5 ton is best for realistic highway speed driving, and with 53' tires you can get 75 mph top speed. Less than that is just loping along with much less noise than a deuce. Cummings 250 engine is much better than the multi fuel deuce engine, although I understand they put multifuel engines in early 5 tons. Drives like a pickup. Less maintenance.

I like deuces bobbed also, just not as easy to drive and way underpowered. Love the whistler turbos. (My era.) Keep us posted on what you get. Sounds like you have been thinking about this for a while. Good hunting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks