• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello From Santa Cruz CA

ss_storm

Hey Guys!
I Have been a lover of 6.2 diesel's ever since I rode in my grandfathers back when I was a kid,
I have a 1994 land cruiser that is fully built that I am selling, I want to get into a bigger rig I can build a mini camper out of.
If any of you know of any M1010's for sale in the California area let me know, I would like to buy for about 4k so I have extra cash to build it up a little. Let me know!

yarry23

Wow - I just joined this site as well (have been lurking for a bit) and am in the market for a used M109A3...

...and I live in Santa Cruz, CA as well! So weird, when I saw your post, I did a double take and wondered to myself if I had sleep posted a welcome.

Anyways, good luck with your search. I have been hunting around the web for a good used M109A3 to do a RV camper/zombie apocalypse conversion.

Cheers!

~~yarry

BLK HMMWV

Welcome to you both from the southern end of the state.
Tower Park is coming up in April I think? up in Lodi . I have never been myself not sure if complete vehicles ever show up for sale or just parts but thats about the biggest MV event this side of the Mississippi .
Also try the the classifieds here and on the G.503 board.
Good luck.
BH

ss_storm

Thanks guys! Yarri, I know of a guy in boulder creek who has an m109 I think a2 who has it build as a camper. Very nice setup, he tow's his land cruiser behind it.

SPCWarning

Welcome from Mississippi

Welcome aboard from the Deep South to both of you! Hope you both find the MV's you're looking for. Once you do, there will be plenty of information on here and plenty of Steel Soldiers members willing to help with advice. Keep us posted once you find your trucks and don't forget pictures of them! Good luck on your hunt!

yarry23

Hehe, working on it FireFireFire90!

Was just digging through the various threads on this (awesome!) forum looking into whether or not I will need to get a Class B CDL, as well as any issues smogging the vehicle. From what I can tell, it looks like if you convert an M109A3 to be an RV (as I plan on doing), you don't need to get a CDL - provided you don't haul anything or charge anybody any money, blah blah blah. Also looks like as long as I get a vehivle before - what was it - 1996? I don't have to worry about smogging as well.

I am currently looking at a GL M109A3 out at Nellis AFB that goes on auction in a few weeks. Going to bid on that baby - once I come up with a plan on how to get the dang thing back here to SC. Funny thing is, I was out in Death Valley just a few weeks ago... *grin*

Looking forward to actually getting some old iron so I can move from "potential noob" to "fresh noob" status. Will definitely want to do some off-roading with fellow members!

Cheers!

~~yarry

SMOKEWAGON66

Welcome ss_storm and yarry23...

Im kinda in the middle of the state here. If you guys woulda joined like 6 months ago i woulda sold you my 109. But the powers that be inspired me and I removed the box and put on a bed. Se la vie lol. Good luck in finding your dream ride. [thumbzup]

Drkhrs

Welcome! I'm fairly new on the forum two. I don't talk much, mostly lurk. Had to say hi since I used to live in San Jose. Moved up to OR two years ago.

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Pittsboro, a little further out in the country from Chapel Hill --the Green Iron can become a sweet obsession! Enjoy!

yarry23

Awesome, well met everyone!

Just finished reading through the guidelines for submitting EUCs for winning bids using GL, and starting to get excited! Looks like even if I win a bid on a M109A3, I will have to go through up to two more months of checks before I can pick the thing up! Definitely makes arranging transit a little harder. The more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards trying to drive her home for that very reason.

Looking forward towards making a nice home for my MV needs here on Steel Soldiers. This forum, and its members, has been a goldmine of information, and more importantly, like minded individuals!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome fellow Nor. Cal. MVers. Myself and my friend "5 ton Larry" do occasional events and keep threatening to start a Nor. Cal. S.S. event.

Contact me if you need help.

Yarry, PM sent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks