• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from So Cal

Luvrv8

Just joined after looking for a few days around the site. Live in Camarillo California and Just started a search for a truck. Not sure what route I am going M35A2 or A3, bobbed or not, still unsure.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the Steel Soldiers Trauma and Financial Yearly......SSTAFY. I miss southern California so bad I'm dropping the deuce budget and sticking it back in the "I wanna go see Midway again" fund. You're a lucky guy to be placed there with 12 months of cruising potential.

Does California beat you up on truck length/ weight/ CDL requirements, specific commercial insurance or any thing else that could help with a decision? There's the current 10,000lb, 2 axle limit in that State above you that creates a need for a Bobbed truck under 5 ton.....if a guy has limited funds.

Your budget is the only real limiting factor so finding something close would save transport costs that could go toward fixing something up. Best of luck on that decision, take pics and take us shopping!

Luvrv8

As posted above California does require a Class B. I have a A. Going out this morning to look at a potential truck and on the way home I will call on another. Insurance is cheap and easy. My wife is a State Farm agent so it will be under a stated value classic policy. With that I can still be covered under my multi million umbrella policy. In California when you are lucky to have assets you get to pay for extra insurance so the guy who has nothing can’t take away your house and toys.

Last edited:

Germanator

Hello , I am in San Diego , just got a m923a1 with a-280 shelter on it .
Picked it up close to me , riverside with CA paper work , I guess now I need a B license with Air brake endorsement (((.
Already in love with the truck .
Good luck with your search

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks