• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Texas

Aldixie

Hi,
New to the forum. I'm an ex Brit who has now lived in Texas for 10 years. I have been building Hot Rods and customs for a few years and now want to try something bigger. I have been looking at M35A2's, especially bobbed ones as it has to fit behind my driveway gate. Neighbor owns an 18 wheeler shop so no problems with servicing one.

Been doing my research and now looking at M35A3's as it has the Cat engine and auto.

Have put one of my cars up for sale locally to free up some funs to buy one.

Alex

m715mike

Howdy from a guy in Texas that use to own a former British MV.

There's a couple of us meeting for breakfast in Montgomery, TX this Saturday. It's a good drive from Deer Park, but there will be a couple of Deuces there if you want to check them out. One guy in town has a M35A3, but I don't know yet if he is coming to breakfast.

See post #10 here:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?119799-Greater-Houston-area-Events

Jeepsinker

Welcome to the site and the community! My first suggestion would be to stay away from the A3 trucks unless you just like to throw money away. Totally up to you though, they are all fun to play with!

Aldixie

There's a couple of us meeting for breakfast in Montgomery, TX this Saturday. It's a good drive from Deer Park, but there will be a couple of Deuces there if you want to check them out. One guy in town has a M35A3, but I don't know yet if he is coming to breakfast.

See post #10 here:

I might try and make it over, I think another forum I'm on might have a breakfast that day as well.

Thanks for the invite.

Aldixie

Welcome from Wild Wonderful West Virginia. I would suggest that you bum some seat time in the type vehicle you fancy from a owner/forum member. Mark

I know they are loud and uncomfortable over long distances. Try riding in a 58 Chevy pickup with no leg room and open headers for 4 hours. Lol I have seen one about town but haven't caught up with the owner yet.

Aldixie

See post #10 here:

What was the British vehicle you had? My dad drove Scammell Pioneer recovery vehicles during WWII amongst others.