• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Texas

jhyatt7

James here from Texas, love the site, Im a member of our local MVPA and can't wait to learn all I can from you guys!

Barrman

Where in Texas are you and which Buc-ee's did you get the picture from? I am sitting about 1 mile from the one on 290 in Giddings right now.

Welcome to the fun by the way. Which MVPA group?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a picture from last Saturday's Texas Veterans Memorial Park dedication in Smithville- James on the left, Roboskid center, and some weirdo who slipped into the picture on the right, all vets themselves.

Cheers

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a picture from last Saturday's Texas Veterans Memorial Park dedication in Smithville- James on the left, Roboskid center, and some weirdo who slipped into the picture on the right, all vets themselves.

Cheers
Hey, I recognize that WEIRDO !
That's a handsome collection of MVers ya got in that shot.
Speaking of VETS.... are y'all current on your rabies vaccinations?

Barrman

Cool, just 30 miles away. I couldn't make the Smithville event because I was in a parade and air port show here in Giddings last weekend. Driving the M35 down the hill into Smithville from Serbin is always a real thrill.

jhyatt7

That hill is a big one for sure. I was riding up and down it with Roboskid in his M37. That litttle truck had a workout that day. Smithville was fun and they took care of us, "GREAT BBQ!" We had us a mini convoy going back to Bastrop it was the coolest thing ever!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And our "mini-convoy" actually hit 45mph at one point! (Two M37s and M1009/M416).

The black tree picture is the a small part of the area that burned last year. Nature is repairing things, but it will take many years to recover completely.

Cheers

Attachments

Barrman

Those burned out woods really are freaky to drive through. Colton had a school tennis match a few weeks ago in Bastrop. The fire burned up to the edge of the courts. The green was gone from the concrete. Kind of weird.

Sorry I missed the BBQ. My Scouts were in the parade and flag deal with my trucks. I could't get out of it.

jhyatt7

Smithville was my first event with the club. I had worked all night prior to heading out at 0600, but I had a great time. the knowledge and camaraderie of this group is amazing. I was excepted in the "circle" without hesitation. Here are some pics from the Smithville event.

Attachments

jhyatt7

Those ROTC guys that were marching at the head of the parade with there dress uniforms on, were the true troopers, it was a heck of a walk and the sun was not being gentle.

Trainman

Welcome. I am originally from Lewisville TX. This is a great site with TONS of info and a great support group! I don't have any MV's yet due to being on active duty and still moving alot... Someday...

Roboskid

It was a great time had by all. James I thought you were asleep going up the hill on the way back. Wait a minute you were asleep most of the time on the way back. Next year I am sure you will driving your M1009 you just bought from a great guy (Namely Me).

:)

jhyatt7

It was a great time had by all. James I thought you were asleep going up the hill on the way back. Wait a minute you were asleep most of the time on the way back. Next year I am sure you will driving your M1009 you just bought from a great guy (Namely Me).

:)
We are gonna have a great time with these things, i cant wait to see them rolling down the road!

reloader64

Who has the tractor/trailer with the bulldozer on it? Sorry I missed the event. I was out of town at the youngest grandson's 1st birthday party. Hopefully in a few years he'll be riding with me.:)

Scott

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M916A2/M870 and unknown dozer type. Belongs to the Guard, along with the Humvee's and the 5-ton. The operator of the 916 was a nice guy, happily told/showed me all the details.
The thing is air-conditioned! Typically for the military, it has AC because the computer in the cab had a tendency to overheat, the AC is for the computer's comfort.
Overall, that machine is a great long haul rig with decent off-road performance. He told me how many miles he put on it bringing in and moving around equipment for the fires last year. It was a lot!

Cheers