• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from the land of Oz

M_Stark

Just want to say hello to all. I've had two 4x4s, a 49 studebaker pickup with a IH drivetrain and a 81 CJ-8 that I miss and now Im selling my 78 vette to get a 6x6 :) I miss driving 18 wheelers and getting in the dirt so this is my of getteing both back.

I found the old site before it crashed and liked all the info.

SixBuy

Welcome! When I saw your post I just knew you had the answer to why all my deuce tires are marked "MILITARY OZ" - LOL. Guess I'll keep searchin'

SixBuy

Couple of weeks went by and no one took the bait so I'll rephrase the question. " What does the OZ in 'MILITARY OZ' on tires mean?"
Gotta be ready for Trivial Pursuit !

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Refers to Ozone. There's a formula used to slow Ozone degeneration in the tire making process.

SixBuy

Ask and ye shall receive... I would never have guessed! I suppose that's why my 15 year old tires look like new. Reckon there's anything like that for people?