• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello From the UK

rodbargee

New chap here, I have just bought a Volvo Sugga TP 21 and this seems like a good place to look round. There seem to be more Sugga owners stateside than over here in the UK!

I hope to get "The knowledge" from you guys!

Cheers all!:beer:

rodbargee

Welcome aboard. Got any pics?
Hi there's one pic in my album

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members/rodbargee-albums-sugga-picture22937-2012-08-05-13-04-48.html

I will try to upload some more soon. I have only just got this vehicle.....been looking out for one for years!

It runs and is road legal. it has had a restoration a few years ago but the doors are tatty now but the mechanicals are good. this was the listing ....

Built from 1953 to 1958, only 724 were made, this being No:282 (1956).

Graham Cross bought this vehicle in 1999 and has spent many hours on restoration.

The vehicle was aquired without an engine or gearbox. For reasons of economy a diesel engine and gearbox unit has been installed. this is a Perkins 6-247 (4 litre) engine, the donor vehicle being a Dodge 50 series Truck.

And thats all I know about it so far........

:)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

No good can come with the dreaded Green Iron Addiction but this is the best group therapy you can get.

We tried to start an interdiction program but nobody wants to quit.:shock:

zout

I recall a very nice Pub in Bedale - but if you ask if they know me you may wind up in the stocks.

Great to have you here and great pics of your ride.

rodbargee

Thanks for the welcome all. I have visited many Pubs in Bedale! fortunately I am still allowed in some, it's a nice part of the world and about 2o miles from where I live.

One of my other ailments is riding Motorbikes and North Yorkshire's good for that too. I have ventured into ex military vehicles before, running a SWB Lightweight air portable Landrover for many years with a rover V8 which I put in it. 3.5 litre (small Buick block). As well as 1956 SWB Series one. But the Volvo is Just that little bit different.:)

onegmjack

Mine had the old Rochester 4jet 4 barrel.I seen a few rover cars,later on that were fuel injected.Still the old aluminum block and heads.

rodbargee

Mine had the old Rochester 4jet 4 barrel.I seen a few rover cars,later on that were fuel injected.Still the old aluminum block and heads.
My rover engine came out of a 1972 P6 Rover Saloon 3.5S and it used HS6 Su Carbs

My Range Rover was Fuel injected (same engine) but that was a 1996 vehicle.

A very poor 150 BHP from both engines and very costly to rebuild 9Which I had to do to both engines!!

Docter

that looks to be something you wont see too often ridin around, best of luck to you. and hey seems like you folks across the pond are doing a **** of a show for the olympics, thanks for the hospitality. :beer:

yours at arms Doc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks