• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Upstate S.C.

2ndAmendican

Newbie here in S.C. Interested in M109's and/or M35's. Someone from Whenshtf.com recommended Steel Soldiers as a great place to learn more prior to any purchase of military vehicles, so here I am. I hope to learn plenty, so I can make an informed decision first on "if" I should purchase one at all, and if so, what I should be looking for, and what I should be avoiding.

jeeplvr247

Welcome to the addiction. You should have no problem finding all the information you need and more here. As one other member said it's like trying get a drink from a fire hose. Remember, the search function is your best friend. Good luck in your search.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Hopkins!

You're welcome to come down anytime and drive my stuff and ask questions.

You will learn quite a lot here and meet some really great people too.

Maj Dad

Looking For A Deuce

(Boy, I hope there isn't a test on the Forum Rules!;) )

I am just finally, really retired, and as the former owner of a 1951 M38A1, I am longing for the smell of GI canvas and OD/OG107 paint on my hands and clothes. Specifically, I've seen a couple of deuce & a halfs for sale, and am wondering how to eddi-kate myself enough not to buy a money-pit. I wouldn't drive it great distances, and am not an off-road mudder (like I used to be :whistle:), just would like to go to the mall or shooting range in my deuce. I would deeply appreciate any suggestions, recommendations or dire warnings from you guys on models & their pros/cons (M35, A1, A2 etc). I'm not a traianed military vehicle mechanic and don't have a dedicated repair facility but I can get around engines & trannies in general. I guess I know enough to get myself in a real bind, so that's why I'm starting here.
Thanks in advance, and regards to all,
George Jacoby
Sumter, SC

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maj Dad,

If you really need an eddi-kate-shun, you need to mosey on over to the MVCSC compound some Wednesday afternoon/evening. It's off Alpine Rd exit on I-77 at I-20 - up the hill and to the left at the light, then turn in at 34.069203, -80.909873 and find a place to park.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks