• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Va, new M813 owner

Redlion

Yup, plan to haul hay and use it to pull logs out of the woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NormB

Sounds like a solid plan. I plan on moving my HMMWV down to our farm in Tennessee in a couple years, looking for a 3-point hitch adapter so’s I can pull a disc harrow and/or 3-bladed plow. Neighbor and I got to talking about it, he thinks we can just fabricate one from parts he’s got on hand, he’s pretty good at welding and has an amazing machine shop in his garage.

Winch will come in handy too.

If I win the lottery I plan on buying an LMTV for hay, fertilizer, etc. [Just gotta buy a ticket]

Enjoy.

Redlion

Sounds like a solid plan. I plan on moving my HMMWV down to our farm in Tennessee in a couple years, looking for a 3-point hitch adapter so’s I can pull a disc harrow and/or 3-bladed plow. Neighbor and I got to talking about it, he thinks we can just fabricate one from parts he’s got on hand, he’s pretty good at welding and has an amazing machine shop in his garage.

Winch will come in handy too.

If I win the lottery I plan on buying an LMTV for hay, fertilizer, etc. [Just gotta buy a ticket]

Enjoy.
I’d like to get a unimog for that reason, it’d be useful for what I do

1980 m813

Redlion

Hey Wes,
Where in Va are you? I'm new to the site and have always wanted to get involved with the military trucks. I'm looking at buying a M35A2 and would like to start doing some upgrades to it. I was thinking maybe I could talk to you about your experience with military trucks.

Thanks
Manie
I’m out in NoVa about 20 mins from leesburg. This is actually my first mv but so far I love it. Since it’s time as a plow truck the maintenance has been few and far between, needs some axle seals and rust repair and as you can tell needs bed sides back on it. Found a winch, bumper, single wheels, hardtop and sides I plan on picking up throughout the week for it.

Feel free to pm me tho if you’d like

Thanks

1980 m813

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m out in NoVa about 20 mins from leesburg. This is actually my first mv but so far I love it. Since it’s time as a plow truck the maintenance has been few and far between, needs some axle seals and rust repair and as you can tell needs bed sides back on it. Found a winch, bumper, single wheels, hardtop and sides I plan on picking up throughout the week for it.

Feel free to pm me tho if you’d like

Thanks

1980 m813
The two of you need to make plans to attend the VA Rally over the Labor Day weekend. Held about 30 miles north of Charlottesville at the Graves Mountain Lodge. Cabell will post more information around the March-April time frame.

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Redlion neighbor! That VA Rally sounds great SCSG-G4. Keep us posted as I have camped their before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks