• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Woodbridge, VA - aka NoVA/Northern VA

dc_cucv

Hello all.
My 1985 M1009 was delivered today from southern IL. With used car prices being what they are today, I've never been happier to buy a non running truck almost as old as I am.

She's going to need a bit of work as she's been sitting dormant for ~5 years and is missing both alternators, but other than that she looks to be complete and fairly solid (i.e. little to no deep rust, just a bit of surface oxidation).

Will get some pics up soon - I may need some of you senior members to help me out a little...I haven't worked on one of these since 96/97 when i was at Ft Lewis, so I may not be able to identify everything i look at.

This is my first diesel, so it will be a learning experience and i guess what better truck to learn on.

When I'm not working on this truck, I'm a full time electronics integration and test engineer and I also run my own firearms company (i.e. gun store, gun dealer, FFL, etc).

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I noted in the Northern VA thread, welcome! If you need a core 6.2L or 3L80 core, I have them in Marshall. Make you a great deal as the garage is very tired of storing them by now. Bulldigger

Guyfang

Staff member
Welcome to Steel soldiers.

What you need to do is post a thread in the M1009 forum, when asking questions. No one will notice your question here. Start a new thread and give it a title that will tell folks what you have and that you want to get smart about things. If you need help, send me a PM or simply write it here in this thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks