• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello - new guy from E. OK

ParaShootist

Hi all,

I'm kinda new to MVs. I had an M38A1 years ago, but it had to go when the kids came along - don't regret that - they're awesome. We had a Peacekeeper at my former agency. I was the person that obtained it for them through a federal surplus program and was in charge of it for quite a while. It was a lot of fun. I helped fix it up, but I'm not really much of a mechanic. My brother (chief financier) and I are wanting to get into the hobby. Presently feeling a little frustrated trying to find a vehicle, but SS has been a wealth of info. I wanted to say "Howdy" & "Many Thanks for the site." I'm ready to learn. I'll post more on my vehicle search in the Tanks, APC's, etc... forum.

Just glad to be here. One good thing is that I'm relatively near KCI :)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from OKC. There are many SS members from OK and western AR.

What type of vehicle are you looking for? I happened to get to get to drive a M50 Super Sherman tank last Sunday. It was a blast.

ParaShootist

Thank you sir. I was long ago acquainted with a really nice MV enthusiast from OKC (met only at Wannenmacher shows) - believe the last name was Spencer – IIRC he had a couple of Stuarts. I helped him locate a couple of armor knick knacks, periscopes, etc. It also seems that in those days, he was after a Sherman - its been like 20 yrs. I'm envying that drive in the M50. I'm kinda into Israeli militaria - tanks are above my level at this point, but it sounds like an amazing experience.

What type - kind of a quandary. Generally, wheeled, armored MV, relatively simple to maintain/operate. Relatively affordable - I know that's kind of an oxymoron. First there was a Saxon - leetle too spendy - but also SOLD. Then, I recently got really excited about a BTR-40, but it had already SOLD. I'm feeling kinda limited to a ferret. Should I post the details here or in the Tanks, APC's forum?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Clepto, we still need to schedule our target practice. The shooter has recovered.

M813A1

Welcome Fello OKIE !! Glad to see you have been bitten by the GReen Bug !! Just remember there is NO cure !! Enjoy the Green Fever !!

ParaShootist

Thanks guys! I appreciate all of the cordiality to welcome a new member to the Oklahoma crew. Glad to know that there's such an active MV community in my AO. Look forward to progressing in the hobby, finding a vehicle and meeting some of you. Best regards.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do have a couple of iPhone videos that I may post. Not high quality.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks