• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hello new guy with deuce problem

Captainbill

Hello everyone i have a 1970 m35a2 and the truck will not start without help. first let me give you some info on it. Truck ran fine till i went out wheeling in the pines did some water crossing and some recovery work.problem 1 got some funky fuel so i drained it. but i ran the truck 20 or so miles. problem #2 got lot of water in fuel tank at same time as bad fuel. Now i went and drained every thing and washed out fuel tank, as well changed the fuel filters (one on frame and two on block). and flushed the lines. So when you start the truck you need to spray some thing (eg starting fluid, or wd-40) then she starts. but will not stay running unless you have the throtle cable pulled out 3 clicks or more. and the truck is very undered powered now checked the fuel pump and i have flow out of the tank and back to the tank
any one have any clues???? thank

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You didn't happen to get any water in the intake did you? That could be a big problem.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
make sure the fuel line that comes off the copper line on the driverside is not damaged. the fitting out of the bottom of the injector pump if super close to the winch driveshaft. if winching while the truck is off of level ground you may twist the truck enough to catch the line on the winch shaft while operating. i have had my winch shaft banging against my radiator while winching on just slightly unlevel ground. if the line is damaged you may have a small air leak causin poor operation

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I agree. If the fuel tank was emptied, did you use pressurized air to get the bad fuel out of the lines? If not, that might be the problem. I vote to change the filters once more. Turn the power on and let the intank pump push air out of the system by cracking the bleeder ontop the secondary and final fuel filters. Then put a gas soaked rag in the intake where the mushroom cap used to be. The fumes from the gas will keep the motor idling till the air gets out of the injector lines. I doubt swapping the pump will help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks