• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello, new to site..

U1100L

Hi all.. New to the site,been in the hobby for awhile. Really considering a bobbed 5-ton for my next service truck. Had a 416 Doka for 5 years as daily work truck and turned out to be a great work vehicle and of course fun.
A bobbed 5-ton with a service body is what I been tossing around lately. Any input would be appreciated.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You may need a CDL to drive it in your state.

If hot weather is not your friend you may want put air conditioning in it.

Also if you are going to bob it you might consider air ride suspension to make the ride more comfortable......the shorter the wheel base the rougher the ride.

Just my opinion.

U1100L

No Prob with license, a CDL. The A/C is one of the points of the 5-ton. With the Cummins might be easier to source a bracket. But is there room? However getting ahead of myself. First, find one and take the tape measure for the body and see what that may look like.
Now the question is.. who is a good person to source a truck from?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. I would think something closer to the ground would make a better service body truck. I almost need a step ladder to get into my 5-ton, let alone trying to reach up into side boxes 6 or 7 feet off the ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks