• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helmet Head HMMWV M1038 for sale in The Netherlands

Hi guys,

Here is an ad for a 1988 Helmet Head HMMWV M1038 for sale in he Netherlands. According to its seller, it is a non-runner, it is registered and is street legal, the engine needs to be fixed or replaced and the transmission needs overhauling and some of the parts have been removed to be used on the seller's other humvees.
He is asking for 20k euro (appx US$ 21k).

Does it make any sense for me to buy it (The price may come down to US$ 20k) and then try to fix it? Could it prove to be a money pit?:sad: I live in Italy.

Advice needed!

Last edited by a moderator:

NorwegianM998

Buongiorno, Lei come sta?

if you compare the conditions to the ones beeing sold on govplanet.com, it is not that good of a buy.
The Off-Road Only Florida title that they offer is sufficient to export the HMMWV. Perhaps Italy has the same import tax rules as here in Norway: at 30 years old or over, there is no import tax.
Boatshipping of vehicles to Europe is not as expensive as one should think, check it out.

International buyers will have to have the aid of a US citizen to buy, or you could buy second hand, they are being posted on ebay and such now. I have posted a question on a different site (g503) regarding the exportability of a HMMWV. They are beeing exported to Canada, so European countries should be ok I guess.

HMMWVs are way to expencive in Europe, this is quite evident on Germanys largest site mobile.de
I guess this will change with the advent of govplanet sales...

And it has been my experience to buy as good and operating a vehicle (of any kind) as you can afford, unless your aim is restauration as a hobby.

good luck

Hummermark

Hi,

I have a 1993 M1037 HMMVW for sale, it is in the UK, fully registered, runs and drives great. it has lots of extras I.e. Military central tyre inflation systems, new style seats, military air conditioning, military underbody protection system, A2 style smaller steering wheel, military radial tyres. Vehicle is in very condition, it drives lovely, I would have no problem driving it to Italy. It's priced at £25000 GBP.

I would consider a partial part-ex against a WW2 Jeep.

reagrds,

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks