• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help... can't figure out fuel gauge light replacement

realm

I've got my dash apart as much as I see how and still can't figure out how to get to the fuel/speedometer bulbs. My speedometer light works but my fuel light doesn't.

I've taken it apart as much as I see how and I'm stuck. I unscrewed 4 or 5 philips screws around the white cluster thing and it still won't come out. :cry:

What am I missing... pic attached of where it is currently torn down to. I've read the TM-20 and still can't quite figure out what needs to be removed to get out the whole thing.

Thank you.

Attachments

87k5

The speedometer cable is holding in where it is, I had the same problem a while back. Try and work it out as far as you can and reach your hand back there and press on the tab that is holding the cable in the back of the cluster it should slide out far enough then, so you can then unplug the big wiring connector, then your are free.

realm

Ah ha... success! I didn't have to remove the whole white cluster piece at all like I was thinking.

Just remove the plastic dash bezel, then the socket screws around the big metal gauge bezel and clear lens which covers the gauges, then remove the clear plastic lens, then remove the black metal bezel which is the piece that includes the 4wheel light and big circle pieces that go around the speedometers. You'll have to angle it out tilting out the top first so that you don't have to remove the transmission gear indicator.
Then undo one hex socket that is in between the speedo and fuel gauge, this will allow you to remove the fuel and speedometer black metal gauges and behind there is the bulbs you can just popout and popin some 194 bulbs. I used 168 bulbs which are supposed to be a hair brighter.

Pic attached.

Attachments

Crash_AF

That's a little further down than you needed to go, but it is an option. The bulbs are in quarter turn sockets that just twist into the back of the cluster.

The cluster is kind of hard to get out of the dash itself, especially if the dash pad is still installed. You kind of have to wiggle it out after unhooking the speedometer cable from the back. It does have to tilt down from the top and then lift out.

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks