• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help decoding trailer ID code

boundstaffpress

Can any of you help me decipher what E2ITL means? I know that the other side indicates 634th Battalion Support Brigade.
The clues I have are these. There are two jerry can holders between the wheel wells and the tailgate. There are four holes (5/8) drilled into the floor that look like they attached something on metal skids. There is a large hole (1-1/2 to 2) in the middle just in front if the axle. I found a ground pole connection in the trailer.
Any help is appreciated.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418179660.948346.jpg

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it would be 634th Brigade Support Battalion...

I'd say Echo Company 21st Trailer. probably tied to E21 as a prime mover. Echo Battery... should be for a Combined arms or... judging by the IL NG website, a Light or Straight Infantry Battalion.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sounds like a m101 that had a generator in the bed. The large hole is on the passenger side for the fuel filler neck as it probably had a belly tank. Is there also a smaller hole next to it also maybe 1 inch (vent hose) ?
Is there a front splash shield underneath and 2 brackets in between the frame cross members?

boundstaffpress

It doesn't have a splash shield now. You are right abou tthe large hole being on the passenger side. I'll have to look tomorrow to see about a vent hole. There are four bolt holes closer to the from of the trailer that may have held a belly tank.
The trailer does have metal bows, I had read somewhere that all of the generator trailers had metal as opposed to wooden bows so that would fit with the generator trailer.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the bolt holes in the side of the bed is for the fuel filler neck saddle bracket and there is also a fender brush guard. I will shoot some pics of mine so you can compare tomorrow.

The tank was under the trailer hanging off the frame.

boundstaffpress

Mine doesn't have anything like the filler neck shown, or holes to attach a tank that close to the axle. May just have to chalk it up to being a generic cargo trailer. Here are some pics of the inside of the bed. Something was bolted down for at least one repaint of the trailer.
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks