• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP - Deuce Master Cyclinder Leak

houdel

My Deuce has developed a master cylinder leak. Saturn Surplus has new M/Cs for $100, but no rebuild kits. Does anyone have a line on a Deuce M/C rebuild kit or a reasonably priced Master Cylinder? I can't find anything listed in the Steel Soldiers X-reference list.

MATT

I ordered a master cylinder from Napa for a 80's International Truck and it was identical to what the duce uses. It was green and even said 2 1/2 Ton on it! I will get a part number later this week.

Boatcarpenter

Make sure that it is the MC not just the brake light switch if yours is located there, not in the air line. Thought mine was leaking, turned out to be the switch.The resin or whatever around the switch wires was cracked.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:D Mine is the MC pulled the boot back and got a chest full. Note to self! Don't be directly under master cyl. when checking for leak! 8)

MATT

The napa part number for the master cylinder is 2842. It is kinda expensive at around $200. Hope this helps.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 2 each for sale, $50.00 each + $9.00 USPS priority mail shipping. NSN 2530-00-753-9267 Florida, do you still need one? MO, cash, and paypal accepted.

Mark

Boatcarpenter

Brake light switch

Hey tjc, you have to unplug the wires from the switch, undo the two screws that hold the rubber boot to the switch, and then clean the end of the switch very well to look for cracks in the bakelite or whatever it is. This way you dont introduce air into the system if the switch is not at fault. In the top of the picture you can see cracks.

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Brake light switch

Do you mean "Ted's trucks n stuff"? he has an ebay store:
- http://stores.ebay.ca/Teds-Trucks-N-Stuff
note it is in ebay.ca, Canada.

I also find:
- " Ted's Trucks 'N Stuff 1181 County Road 560 , Midland City AL 36350-9623 Tel: 334-983-1092 Fax: 334-983-1091 "
- http://stores.ebay.com/Teds-Trucks-N-Stuff
noteit is the u.s. ebay store, with the same items.

Is this the same business or did he find an advantage in being in ebay.ca? or is it an ebay fluke? inquiring minds.. anyway he has cool stuff.

Is there a listing of military truck and parts and stuff dealers here, or is it something we should work on?

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Brake light switch

OPCOM said:
Is there a listing of military truck and parts and stuff dealers here, or is it something we should work on?
There was a thread started awhile back with MV suppliers. It is not all inclusive, but certainly a good start. I would be glad to compile it into a usable list if we could put it somewhere accessible.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4420

Btw: I would put Saturn Surplus at the top. I have ordered from them several times, and always had the parts in my hands exactly two business days later. Additionally, they have been a longtime sponsor of this site.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Brake light switch

No objections there. How about sponsors at the top, followed by a listing sorted by state or by name? It would be good to list every supplier there is, large and small. For the purpose of this thread, emmando22's offer of $50 sounds pretty good.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Brake light switch

For the purpose of this thread, emmando22's offer of $50 sounds pretty good.
:ditto:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to the olivedrab.com web site, at the bottom and put in vehicles and search you will find a zillion places (we should have those lists here too). It's actually pretty incredible how many places there actually are. By the way Saturn is the best place I've dealt with so far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks