• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP - Deuce Master Cyclinder Leak

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry forgot the hyphen, We NEED to figure out how to copy those here (much better site). :lol:

tjcouch

I have decided to replace my Master Cyl. with a NOS.

Any tips to make the swap - out easier?

(I have already built the pump sprayer pressure bleeder - such a great idea!)

tjcouch

I had a "use it , or lose it" credit with another supplier - but thank you very much for the offer - that is a great deal!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a replacement MC for the M35 that had a front and rear chamber, for splitting the brake system into front and rear zones. The unit still filled through the same top hole. What about this? is it a viable upgrade?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a split brake system for the deuce. A source of those master cylinders woudl be awesome. Patrick, any idea where to get them?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OPCOM,

Let me know if that dual one is still availible. It will only for the late model USAF trucks with the dual brake systems..

houdel

OPCOM - PLEASE tell us where we can get those split Deuce master cylinders!!!!

They are an option for the Deuce, there is an article in the TM section, http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=85, which details how to convert the Deuce to a split hydraulic brake system. Of course, the Gov't system splits the hydraulics left side/right side, were I to modify my Deuce I'd do a diagonal split system like most modern passenger cars. I'd probably even split the rear axles so I'd have the left front, right rear front and left rear rear axles on one side and right front, left rear front and right rear rear axles on the other side for better braking control if one half went out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks