• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP! Dipstick Stuck?

saddamsnightmare

April 21st, 2010.

Such Angst over a dipstick! Herr Dr. Freud would have told you that all anxieties are related to performance, and size is important!.......:twisted: It's no major thing to straighten a dipstick, and if you get good at reading your dipstick, you will figure out when you've missed the hole and hit something else. Too much force is not good either, take some care and get used to feeling out the holes that the dipstick may have to go through to get to the oil pan (some engines have gussets with holes for the dipstick to pass through to the pan, if you get a little left or right it won't seat.....)!

Just so long as your dipstick's in good condition, well brazed to the cap and handle, you should be good..... If not, call Bill C., he knows about dipsticks......:?

As long as the oil level's good, you got nothing to worry about.......:mrgreen:

phil2968

Great thread to read after a hard day a work! It made me chuckle and I almost read it to my wife but then thought nope I'll keep it to myself!:p Little blue pills!:lol:

Oilleaker1

Don't forget that once your dipstick is straight, you must insert it at the correct angle or you will have problems and mis-comfort. You might cuss a little but try again until you get it right! You got to check her oil before you proceed! I had to laugh on this one also. Thanks for the good advise!:lol:

saddamsnightmare

April 23, 2010.

:D AND you guys thought we could let a subject line like the one on this thread post pass?
It cries out for advice on different subjects, and pyschoanalysis around here is FREE! (We're all probably psycho in some manner....:twisted:)!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks