• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help, driverside axle doesn't want to spin

sti-nkr

I replaced the seals on my front axle last night, the passenger side spins freely, along with the driveshaft. I finished the driver side later on and now it hangs up at a certain point. Like it has a bump or something to overcome. The hub spins freely but the axle doesn't want to spin now.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seal retainer correctly seated??

Remove the drive flange. Is there any free play to be felt in<->out, when pulling at the stub shaft? If so, is it consistent all around 360º?

G.

Heavysteven

I'm lost...so if both wheels are off the ground and you spin the drive shaft the front wheels will not turn?

Both wheels should turn freely with out the hub cap on. Sorry for the wording

Heavysteven

I'm lost...so if both wheels are off the ground and you spin the drive shaft the front wheels will not turn?

Both wheels should turn freely with out the hub cap on. Sorry for the wording

sti-nkr

I did one side at a time. The passenger side is done, rolls smooth. The drivers side gets to a point and stops, like something is catching in the tube.