• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help finding parts for M1093

D10Blazer

Hello everyone it has been a while since I last posted to Steel Soldiers, I recently acquired an MTV 6x6 M1093. I did pick this rig up off of Gov Planet and now have the pleasure of getting this truck moved from Washington to California (state soon to change). So to keep this fun and short here is the current issue that I am facing 1: I missed a couple of missing parts when reviewing the photos mainly that the power distribution box was picked clean and there are no fuses or relays ( where can I find the fuses/relays as well as a TM/print ). 2: The truck is missing the drive shaft from the transfer case to the forward axel this is a 6x6. Apart from missing the glass in the driver manual window the rig looks to be "ok", I was a 1341 Heavy equipment mechanic= and have worked on these vics multiple times. Issue now is I do not have a current TM nor do I know where I can find parts as things are a little different on the civilian side. Any and all input is greatly appreciated or just simple direction to links as to where I might be able to find these parts. ( I know this is a forum but there are tons of posts ) Thank you everyone.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter

D10Blazer

This is pretty amazing!! Thank you.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter

For some reason this info is not on the spreadsheet.

Ronmar

You can use standard automotive blade fuses in place of any missing circuit breakers. The 12v relays will also be an off the shelf item at most autoparts stores. The 24v coil relays you will probably have to order, so probably best to just order them both. The original spec calls for 4 and 5 pin relays, but you only need 5 pin relays as they will plug in anywhere, but if you mistakenly put a 4 pin in a 5 pin location you will have stuff that doesn’t work. Spankybear was kind enough to put up a pic of some good bosch units with flyback diodes. Should be able to find those two P/N‘s online...

EEB23691-3661-4F61-A086-C6005D253447.jpeg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter

TMs for the LMTV, most is the same as 5 ton.

SausageGuy

As for drive shaft-any heavy truck driveline shop can build you one. Truck wont move without unless you push "mode"
Window glass is available from manufacturer direct @ about $200. Already a thread on it.

As far as parts suppliers I have used:
Suprman on this board
Ebay
NAPA
equipmentpartssales.com
.easternsurplus.net
advancedautomotion.com
eriksmilitarysurplus.com
hummersurplusparts.com

SausageGuy

For 5 ton switch 365 for 366

D10Blazer

For some reason this info is not on the spreadsheet.
Right I knew it had 12 and 24 as well as the 4 pin and 5 pin relays, I just do not know which is which on the board. When I say that all of the fuses and relays were pulled from the passenger side panel I mean it ha ha.

D10Blazer

Good to go, I was casually looking over the 5 Ton yesterday. Really my biggest concern is trying to see if the motor cranks when I receive the truck, I know for the most part the drive shafts are pulled for towing. I have never in my life purchased a used vehicle where all of the fuses and relays are removed but hey there is a first for everything. My main focus is to get the truck to crank and turn over. I do have the forward axel drive shaft and the forward rear-rear rear drive shaft, In a pinch though I don't like doing it I can still move the truck using the front axel.

D10Blazer

As for drive shaft-any heavy truck driveline shop can build you one. Truck wont move without unless you push "mode"
Window glass is available from manufacturer direct @ about $200. Already a thread on it.

As far as parts suppliers I have used:
Suprman on this board
Ebay
NAPA
equipmentpartssales.com
.easternsurplus.net
advancedautomotion.com
eriksmilitarysurplus.com
hummersurplusparts.com
I have been noticing that finding a drive shaft off an old truck is pretty hard, I am kind of cringing at the cost of having one made ha ha but I guess better a new one then nothing.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
They are basically giving away M1093 to get rid of them.
If I was given one of these and even if it was placed in my yard for free I would not
even know where to start with the electronics.

These were very very expensive trucks but they ain't Deuce and a Halfs
Now, many sold don't run and are used up/or not in every fashion.

Now you get to work
Methinks you in the correct place to get any answer you may need.

D10Blazer

They are basically giving away M1093 to get rid of them.
If I was given one of these and even if it was placed in my yard for free I would not
even know where to start with the electronics.

These were very very expensive trucks but they ain't Deuce and a Halfs
Now, many sold don't run and are used up/or not in every fashion.

Now you get to work
Methinks you in the correct place to get any answer you may need.
As soon as I have the old girl in her new resting place the work begins, but no use in sitting around and waiting for her to show up when I can gather all the info now. see what I can dig up and where I can find the correct TM or similar ones, the issue is the wiring diagrams are great for showing what goes where but relay placement is a little hit and miss. From the pictures I she looks solid there is a clear picture of when the last service was conducted written on the side of what looks like the oil/or fuel filter Jun 2019. I would assume who ever had this before it sat pulled the easy necessary items for another rig, I won't really have any hard facts about her until I can dig in. Again for the most part everything "looks" top be intact aside from what I have listed, but that doesn't mean there aren't gremlins hiding in the power and drivetrain.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right I knew it had 12 and 24 as well as the 4 pin and 5 pin relays, I just do not know which is which on the board. When I say that all of the fuses and relays were pulled from the passenger side panel I mean it ha ha.
Look on the back of the PDP Power Distribution Panel cover, there should be a decal with that info. If not it is in the TM.

Ronmar

What NDT said... Do you not have the fuse cover panel? There is a map inside it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks