• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help for a member in Fla.

Gentleman,
Sorry if this if the wrong forum to post this request.
A fellow member is stuck at the Crowley Port due to
paperwork issues. Requesting any fellow SS members in the
Everglades area near Miami contact me ASAP. Looking for potential
short term storage of an M35a2 while the paperwork clears.
Our friend does not have internet access so please contact me
and I will relay info. Thanks in advance.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob, I'm at Port Everglades right this second. Only going to be here for another 45 minutes though. I did see him come in in an M35A2C. PM inbound with my number.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't give me any credit here. I've not heard anything from RChalmers yet. Perhaps his issues were resolved. Didn't see him at the port at all today.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
actionfigurebob, Recovry4x4 and all,

Thanks to you guys for your willingness to assist. Currently the truck is in the Crowley Liner Services yard, awaiting new sale documents from GL and the US Gov with the correct VIN. It was my error to not double check the VIN before ordering the SF-97 forms, and as a result I had a looong hot day at the port, walking "the longest mile" between Customs and the Crowley office, exhausting every idea and opportunity to get-er-done.

I was disappointed in this outcome, after all the waiting and planning, followed by an action packed week of planes, trains and automobiles from Rhode Island to Baltimore, then by Deuce the last 1100 miles to Ft. Lauderdale.

GL has estimated a weeks turn around time for new docs, so my current plan is to get the docs to Crowley ASAP and bear whatever storage fees they conjure up.

Kenny, If there is any further delay in receiving the replacement documents, may I call you to pull the truck off the Crowley lot and store it until the docs are in hand? afb has passed me your phone number if needed.

Thanks guys, this house rocks!

Rick

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem Rick. I can probably find storage space right at the Port. I know it runs, I followed you from the light at Mcintosh Rd through the checkpoint and down to the chute by Crowley. Stupid me, I should have stopped you and inquired! Could also have saved you that walk.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks