• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help getting these fuel fittings apart

sed6

My fuel hose from the PT to the filter is cracked and needs replaced. I couldn't get it off the filter so I took the whole thing off and brought it home to work on my bench. I've put about 150lbs of torque on the fuel line fitting but it won't come loose from the 90 degree elbow. I've soaked it for an hour in PB Blaster and still no luck. I'm concerned I might break elbow if I apply too much torque. Should I try a torch to heat the elbow? Other ideas?

And while I'm at it, suggestions on getting the canister off the head? Strap wrench? Other?

Thanks!

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The canister is held on by a long metal bolt through the top lid in the middle. Sometimes a 50/50 mix of acetone and dexron does wonders but it might need to soak more than an hour....

sed6

Got it! My friend recommended CRC freeze off. That and a breaker bar got it off. Going to take the hose to a local shop in he AM and have a new one made. You can see the cracks in this one if you look closely.

Attachments