• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP got sparks coming out of my tailpipe!?!?!?!

EZFEED

my little dozer does this but it sits for weeks at a time between runs. I noticed it about 3 years ago when running it late one evening. It's a diesel with just a short straight pipe on it, no muffler. I have not had any issues... yet (knock on wood!)
Hope so!!!!!:-D

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont guess so. Would installing a temp gauge in the rear oil galley help? Nothing really goes on up there aside from the oil being pumped up through the pushrods to lubricate the rockers, valves, and stems.
Is there something I'm missing here? What else goes on in the cylinder head or do you mean specifically determining the heat of the head?

No oil cooler but the capacity is 5 gallons and is held in a separate reservoir away from the engines internal heat.
The cylinder head temp would be all over the place, but would reflect how the engine is loaded and respond to changes much quicker (airflow blocked or something) IMHO. The oil temp is probably just fine, just asking, if it was me, I'd install a CHT sensor and gauge just to learn more about the engine....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks