• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help I Broke stuff good! What do I need to fix?

cwedge411

I came to an stop at a stop and and I hear a BOOM. I thought I blew up the transfer case or transmission. When I looked I saw this. Looks like the I-Beam fell off and allowed the rear axle to slide back. Unfortunately me moving off the road destroyed the front yoke, rear part of the shaft looks ok. I'm not sure what makes up the i-beam and the bushing or bearing at each side.
What causes the I-beam to fall off? And what Can i do to prevent it from happening to the others? I hate to imagine what would happen if I was going any sort of speed. This was at only 10 mph

Thanks for your help.
PS. I was on my way to the Truck Wash ;)

IMG_20170820_181344139_HDR.jpgIMG_20170820_181412510_HDR.jpgIMG_20170820_185210470.jpg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are a known problem.
Several threads about them.

A lot of guys will drill/tap the insert for a bolt and washer to keep it from popping off.
Others weld something there to prevent it coming off.
Fun part (NOT) is getting it back on.

Driveshaft should be easier to fix.

cwedge411

Those are a known problem.
Several threads about them.

A lot of guys will drill/tap the insert for a bolt and washer to keep it from popping off.
Others weld something there to prevent it coming off.
Fun part (NOT) is getting it back on.

Driveshaft should be easier to fix.
Thanks,
My only problem is trying to find the front yoke.

Lukes_deuce

Popped a dog bone. Happens to the best of us. Penetrating oil, heat and a pneumatic air chisel will be your best friends. Also most likely the other 7 are in the same shape. Check them all.

74M35A2

Fix is easier than it looks. Just had it happen to me. Each rod has a replaceable bushing in each end that presses in and out. Cut the cotter pins, then a 2-1/4" end wrench to remove the castle nuts. Use 2 wrenches extended to double the force to shear the cotter pin. Replacement bushings are about $48ea plus shipping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks