• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP ! I need a parachute

army_nurse

One of the many things i do is serve as the childrens pastor at church. We are having a kids fest (like a mothers day out) i need 2 parachutes. One for games and one for shade. a cargo parachute would be great for the shade however i cant find one here close. At the local army surplus i think they weave them out of gold, as evedenced by the price. We have a limited budget and i am making most of the games myself. Any assistance in pointing me in the right direction for this most important project would be great!!! pics will be posted on this thread of said parachutes in use.

Thanks again

Mark McCullar

ProviderDriver

Used parachutes have a very long life. The prices I am used to seeing reflect that. I am a skydiver, you should see the prices of new ones.:shock: The last setup I priced a few years ago was gonna set me back close to 9,000 bucks!

I am used to seeing the 28 foot conical personel chutes going for close to 300-500 bucks used, just over 900 if it is still usable and "legal" and the big 60 foot cargo chutes, used, go for well over 500 bucks too...

You could try the local parachute rigger, but I doubt you will have any better luck.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM Kipman fat lady sings

HAWKMAN

One of the many things i do is serve as the childrens pastor at church. We are having a kids fest (like a mothers day out) i need 2 parachutes. One for games and one for shade. a cargo parachute would be great for the shade however i cant find one here close. At the local army surplus i think they weave them out of gold, as evedenced by the price. We have a limited budget and i am making most of the games myself. Any assistance in pointing me in the right direction for this most important project would be great!!! pics will be posted on this thread of said parachutes in use.

Thanks again

Mark McCullar
The big cargo 'chutes, I've been getting around $50.00 for. The smaller pilot 'chutes go for about $25.00/$30.00. Now...the big chutes are HEAVY..and BIG so make sure this is what you want, also I can't open and check every inch so there may be damage, what I can do for you is if you pay for freight I will donate an OD cargo 'chute to your church. The smaller cutes I sell at my store all day long so I'd have to get the $25.00 plus shipping on them. I have about 20 tons of these so I doubt I'll be running out anytime soon so let me know at your leisure. HAWKMAN:)

NEIOWA

Thanks again

Mark McCullar

Real parachutes are highly flammable (no suitable for play or use with kids). Get a "play parachute" intended for such. Not that expensive and also has handholds built in such as:
Play Game Parachutes

For shade get surplus cammo nets (hex) with support system. next thing to free as really not good for much else.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks