• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help ID this Glow Plug

jdemaris

I think we are confusing the post. he only wanted to know what glow plug he had.
Yes, and his question got well answered early on. What's confusing about further discussion beyond that? Aren't these forums about sharing information?

rod

Well I got around to pulling out the hummer glow plugs thank the LORD above that all plugs came out fine. I had a borrowed Glow Plug removal tool but didn't need it. All I used was a 1/4" drive ratched 2" extention and 10mm deep well socket socket to get 7 of the plugs out. For the rear plug on the driver's side, I used a 10mm wrench to get it out since the the hoses were in the way. I used anti-seize on the AC 60Gs that I put back in. I went ahead and soldered new spade clips on and then finished off with heat shrink tubing. The glow plug change out could not have gone any easier. I found that the best was to change the passenger side glow plugs was to lay across the top of the radiator and and the front of the engine.

I also changed the coolent temp sensor. When I took the air filer off, I found a big 'ole rats nest under the intake. There was a big nest of shreaded paper/wool loooking stuff, old walnuts and some old backbone pieces from a dog or deer. Must have been a good size rat to have drug all this stuff up there. I cleaned out 3 or 4 handfuls of junk in the nest.

Got in the truck and it started fine on 1 cycle of the plugs but the weather was in the high 60s today. I hope my hard starting issues are corrected now with the new glow plugs but will wait for another cold morning to see how they worked.

Thanks for all the help provided. I was really dreading this job because I didn't want to deal with broken off glowplugs.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds great!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks