• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help ID....

jluv1185

I saw a APC today but it was really small. At first i thought it was a M113 but when i got closer i realized no way, it was just too small. It looks like it is amphibious like a M113 cause it has a flip up front thingy for the water, but it has a round rear door, not square. Man that thing was really small, i could easily see over the top. I dont have any pics of it, but was hoping one of you apc buffs could id it from my description. It is definatly US by the way.

Thanks,
Justin

fasttruck

SOUNDS LIKE AN M 14 FROM THE DESCRIPTION. "FRONT THINGY" IS THE PARAVANE WHICH
M 113 And m 114 share which keeps bow wave from going over top of front of vehicle when it is swimming and droiwning vehicle.

The M114 is a lightweight, low-silhouette vehicle, designed for command and reconnaissance missions. The vehicle is capable of operation with a fully rated load over unimproved roads, trails, hilly country, loose snow. soft marsh, rock strewn areas, and inland waterways under all seasonal conditions in arctic, temperate and tropical zones. Movement of the tracks propels and steers the vehicle on both land and water. The low net weight of the vehicle enables it to be transported by cargo aircraft and dropped by parachute. The commander's hatch rotates 360 degrees with it's .50 caliber machine gun and mount. It is constructed of aluminum, weighs 13,100 lbs., uses a gasoline Chevrolet V-8 engine and transmission, and was manufactured by the Cadillac Division of General Motors in the early 1960's. It saw service in Vietnam, had a three man crew, and a top speed of 35 mph.

jluv1185

Its pretty sweet. I would love to have one for parades, and off roading adventures. I looked like it only carries 4 people, by the number of seats it had in it. Youtube has a couple of vids on them, they sound awesome!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks