• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identify M1101 part? & brake question

jpg

I found this on the driveway under my M1101. I re-read the TM, and I don't find it mentioned. I have no other Desert Tan vehicle, so it must have come from the M1101. What is it for? Sorry the pic is blurry.
photo (13).jpg
I have 1,000 miles on the trailer, lightly loaded, and about a dozen fully loaded. I can't imagine why it fell off now.

While I have the attention of the M1101-literate, I have another question. Some trailers with surge brake s have a place where you can insert a pin to disable them, handy when you have to back the trailer up hill with a load. This pin seems light for that purpose, and I find no place for such a pin, nor mention of this in the TMs. Is there a mechanism for this in the M1101?

I did search, without any luck. Thanks.

jpg

Looks like a pintle lock pin. But that wouldn't be from your M1101.
Thanks. I have a green M1010, which came with no pintle hitch, and no tan paint. I use a commercial ball/pintle receiver/hitch, with a chrome pintle pin on a chain. I guess this tan pin was stuck somewhere underneath the tan M1101. I can't figure where, or why it fell out now.

I didn't think I needed it, but anytime a pin falls out I start to wonder if maybe it fell from somewhere important... I couldn't see where, so I thought I'd check with the experts. Thanks!

DeadParrot

2nd the pintle lock pin thought. Looks similar to the pin on my civilian pintle hook. Maybe someone unhitched the trailer and set the pin on the trailer 'just for a moment', and as unattached parts do, it found a place to hide.