• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Identifying Accessory - 01 M1097

O18

Trying to figure out what this is. Just picked up this 2001 M1097 and am working through it. Clearly looks like it was added in its service since they moved the washer fluid reservoir to fit it. Trying to determine if I should keep or remove it.

Connections/Hoses:
  1. The coil tube coming off the side of the truck looks like a drain line
  2. The black tube next to is open under the hood looks a vent line
  3. Power line was run directly to the battery (fuse had been removed so it wasn’t in service)
  4. Another wire was run under the dashboard- assuming it was for a switch but only a plug remains
  5. The large black hose going along the firewall trees into what looks like cooing system (there is no return - just a single connection)
appreciate the help. First time HMMWV owner and poster. Apologize if this is covered in another thread.

Attachments

O18

It's an Eberspacher 5kw arctic diesel fired engine heater (D5WS). The stainless hose is the exhaust. You should have two water connections, an electric, and diesel connection (pump) as well. Usually these are mounted low, to keep them from getting air locked. Search for "d5w s engine heater".
It's an Eberspacher 5kw arctic diesel fired engine heater (D5WS). The stainless hose is the exhaust. You should have two water connections, an electric, and diesel connection (pump) as well. Usually these are mounted low, to keep them from getting air locked. Search for "d5w s engine heater".
Thank you - I appreciate the insight! Living in Texas I’m not sure I’ll be using it but it’s something unique to talk about I suppose.

I assume it’s ok to leave installed?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless I was going to restore it for shows as an arctic issue vehicle I would loose all of it, there is not enough room for what you will likely want to do anyway, that WW fluid tank flopping around is not attractive ether.
There would never be a real need for it.
Besides there may be someone that does live where it could be useful that would want it..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks