• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identifying parts

msitework

Hey guys, I need help figuring out what is on the top of my motor. I have two m35a2s and bolted to the top of one engine is two cylindrical parts with wires and hoses, the other truck doesn't have them. They both run fine, what is it and do I need it? I tried looking at the TM and couldn't find them. I'll try to post a pic, thanks for the help.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is fuel fired pre-start heater. Not need unless you are in a really cold area.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel fired intake heater. Cold start system.

Your truck without it probably has an ether start kit upgrade.

No, you not need it.

If you looked through either of the parts TMs, you might have found it by simply looking at the pictures. Those TMs end with -P.

Also, either should be described (how to use them) in the -10TM(basic operators manual)

msitework

I appreciate it guys, someone around here told me that's what makes the truck multifuel and I couldn't run alternative fuels without it. He's a gas mechanic and is clearly clueless. Thanks again.

steelandcanvas

I appreciate it guys, someone around here told me that's what makes the truck multifuel and I couldn't run alternative fuels without it. He's a gas mechanic and is clearly clueless. Thanks again.
Ask your questions here, we may give you a tough time about perusing the TM's and using the search feature, but the chances of getting smoke blown up your fanny will be alleviated.