• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identifying threaded hole

monkster

The boss is threaded in a "holding" place to the right. If fording don't forget about running up the axle vents to a above water level.

randini

What exactely do you mean "fording". Is that driving trough a water hole, where water may be spalshed on the axel? Or ...is it Driving 40ft in 5 foot deep water? Both?? How much/deep is a fording? How careful do I need to be? Ok, so I am stupid, but I am learning..

41cl8m5

Fording is driving though deep water. as long as your vents, exhaust end and air intake is above the water line you should be good to go. Splashing water as long as its not deep would be fine. As with anything do PMCS to make sure water has not entered anywhere that may give you issues down the road. If you go deep your pants may get wet.

treeguy

Yes, fording would be driving thru water. You'd have to do all kinds of pre and post trip work to the truck though. Like was mentioned before about raising the axle and various other vent ports, removing the fan/belt, and such. The hole in the trans is a vent of sorts and the plug for it is conviently stored right next to it in its own little pocket. I myself leave mine open because if my rear main seal ever really bites the dust, I'm afraid of filling my clutch area with oil.

Hope this helps.:beer:

(Yall beat me typing the explanation)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks