• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Identifying World War Two Tank

ksa250

Hello all-

I am looking for some help identifying a tank photographed in my great grandfather's personal records from WWII. He was an engineer in Ohio and the manufacturer he worked for must have helped develop this tank during wartime production. I have perused different sources and can't find the precise model referenced anywhere. It may have been just a prototype or something. If any of you enthusiasts have an idea what this thing is, I'd love to hear. Thanks. IMG_20200107_014636.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all-

I am looking for some help identifying a tank photographed in my great grandfather's personal records from WWII. He was an engineer in Ohio and the manufacturer he worked for must have helped develop this tank during wartime production. I have perused different sources and can't find the precise model referenced anywhere. It may have been just a prototype or something. If any of you enthusiasts have an idea what this thing is, I'd love to hear. Thanks.
That is just remarkable. Ask a question, get an answer. The knowledge base in the members is beyond a value we appreciate. To those who served and share their knowledge, thank you.

You're new here ksa250 so welcome to the hall of green knowledge. That beast is new to me so thanks for posting the pic and asking the question. We'd love to see more and hear about the Great Grandfather.

I had to check this thing out so here's a link. http://www.warwheels.net/T13-T13E1armoredCarINDEX.html

ksa250

Awesome, folks, thank a lot. The warwheels link looks to feature an image of the same exact tank with the #2 from my picture. You enthusiasts are the source!

As for great-grandpa, he specialized in road building equipment, and held patents on certain elements of road roller machines. Must have tapped into his knowledge on heavy machinery to help with this tank. I am going to take what you all told me and dig even deeper on it. This was all a big help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks