• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help ID'ing light/gen set

Isaac-1

Can we get a picture of the generator, or a readable size picture of the Onan data plate?

Ike

p.s. I will guess it is a J series Onan of some type, most likely a DJB or DJE if it is diesel given the data plate appears to be mounted on a J series fan shroud, but again better photo would help. Maybe DJA if it is 2.25 KW

Last edited:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That doesn't look familiar to me, but I will say that military gen sets were always underated in their output to me. The 5KW diesels with the Onan engines were available as a 10KW gen set in the civilian world.

Isaac-1

vertical parallel cylinders, or horizontal opposed cylinders?

Also can you read the fist 4 or 5 digits of the engine serial number, 2nd or 3rd space may be a B or C

model number should be at the top of the data plate in the 3rd photo, maybe a CCK, can't tell from the photo, format will be KW capacity followed by model number so something like 3.0CCK or 2.5CCK

Last edited: