• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help in western Arkansas?

jholler

I have a friend in Greenwood, about 15min from Fort Chaffee with an m1009 that's having charging problems. Both alternators have been rebuilt (I think) and at least one belt was replaced just before she drove it across the state from jonesboro. When she shut it off, it's deader than a hammer now. Is there a good recommendation for a local mechanic familiar with CUCVs near her?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing, huh?
I know this doesn't help much but if she can get a charger on the batteries where it sits that would speed up the repair process...plus once it starts she can run it for the day without shutting it off since it doesn't take much power to run...which might get here closer to someone that can check fuses and such.

jholler

I know this doesn't help much but if she can get a charger on the batteries where it sits that would speed up the repair process...plus once it starts she can run it for the day without shutting it off since it doesn't take much power to run...which might get here closer to someone that can check fuses and such.
Yeah, she has a charger and I believe she's already on that, just trying to find someone willing to find and fix the cause... the only person there she knew to ask basically told her "I don't work on old stuff, it's too hard".
.... there are literally free instruction manuals for everything on that truck, guy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks