• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help! Kingpin size M146

HAWKMAN

Need to ASAP if a civy semi truck will be able to hook-up to M 146 6 ton shop trailer....what is kingpin size?.......thanks :-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be another issue here. If it's a twin screw tractor with a fixed 5th wheel plate, it may get really close to the landing gear in a turn.

HAWKMAN

Might be another issue here. If it's a twin screw tractor with a fixed 5th wheel plate, it may get really close to the landing gear in a turn.
Like how much of an issue do you think? I'm almost certain that my trucker is going to be using a duel axle rig to pick-up. If he rubs against landing gear that's ok but if it bends into it, that's not ok.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I know you cannot get a twin screw civy tractor under my drop deck van.

My M915 will clear by just a hair if I remove the mudflaps.

I was at Redstone last year and some guys came to pick up several van trailers with a Ryder rental tractor....they left without getting any.

HAWKMAN

Fortunately this isn't a dropdeck, we'll have to see what the driver says as he's headed down as I write this......fingers crossed!!![thumbzup]

HAWKMAN

Trailer arrives safely! Driver said it towed no prob and the only thing that threw him off at first was that the landing legs cranked separately!No issue with clearance or kingpin...this is good to know. Here's a couple pics of it arriving home:

Supreme Equipment Transport...Number 1 for moving my big MV stuff!!!!:jumpin:

HAWKMAN

The company name is Supreme Equipment Transport, owner is a fellow named Rob...top shelf guy that is johnny-on -the -spot[thumbzup] and is dependable/reliable when it comes to doing this stuff. HIS NUMBER IS: 610-366-8171. He hauled my LARC V a couple years ago when it was sold. His prices are VERY reasonable...:grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks