• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help, LDS pump on LDT

Bigred77

Im putting a reman LDS pump on my LDT engine. I know a few people on here have done this. My question is which timing mark on the balancer should I use? The one for the LDS or the LDT? I read some talk about different injection timing is this controlled by the initial timing of the pump or is it done internal pump?

anthonyamato4

That's what I am about to do on mine...let me know anything you find that could be a help...not looking forward to it but I need to get it done and I have a rebuilt LDS to go in

Bigred77

I got got the pump timed and installed today except for a torn fuel supply line im going to attempt to make on the hose machine at work tomorrow, provided we have the correct fittings. gotta change the oil then Hopefully ill be starting the engine tomorrow, :driver:we'll see... She has been down for almost a year while i saved up the dough for a reman pump.$$$

Bigred77

I was able to make the hose up at work, no problem. tried starting the engine it would only start on either. after it was started it would continue to run on its own with a little throttle, but was very sluggish. after a little research i realized my engine was timed correctly, but my pump was 180' out of time. the pump drive gear turns at crank rpm while the hh turns at cam rpm. the timing mark i originally had in the window was #6.
she is all back together now and runs pretty good. Thanks to some posts i found here on ss.