• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help - M125 Wrecker Boom Winch Level Wind not on the level

houdel

Recovry4x4 said:
John Winslow in NC has new 3/4" correct wrecker chains as well. Your front winch should have 5/8" cable and of course the rear drag 3/4".
Do you have a screen name for John Winslow or other contact information so I can get ahold of him? BTW, my front winch is not stock M125 or M816. Whomever did the conversion used the winch PTO to run the wrecker hydraulics and added a 45,000 lb hydraulic winch on the front.

Lee

houdel

Re: RE: Help - M125 Wrecker Boom Winch Level Wind not on the

joec said:
Look at the Ps magazine article M543 it will explain everything. And show you the A-frame in use.
Can you be more specific? I went to the PS Magazine website, a search for "article M543" only returned an article on radio mounting kits.

rizzo

joec

RE: Re: RE: Help - M125 Wrecker Boom Winch Level Wind not on

Pg 10 - PS 356 (pins) it shows the a-frame setup fully extended.

Thanks Rizzo .... :D

houdel

Re: RE: Re: RE: Help - M125 Wrecker Boom Winch Level Wind no

joec said:
Pg 10 - PS 356 (pins) it shows the a-frame setup fully extended. Thanks Rizzo .... :D
I can't seem to find that one. LOGSA does not have issues that old on line, and I cannot seem to locate in the "PS Magazines" resource library. Any hints?

Crash_AF

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Help - M125 Wrecker Boom Winch Level Win

I think the confusion is because you are looking on LOGSA's site and everyone is referring you to the PS article archive here on SS. Click on the 'Resources' tab at the top of the page and select 'PS Articles'. From the main PS article window there is a 5-ton folder, in that folder is a sub folder for the 543. The article you are looking for is there.

Later,
Joe

joec

houdel

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Help - M125 Wrecker Boom Winch Level Win

Thanks all for the help. I did find the PS magazine pages but missed the view of the "A" frame on the last sheet.

Now, does anyone know of a good source for the boom shipper support pin, NSN 53150-00-052-0110, PN 10899366? The good folks at Highpoint (or a previous owner) must have misplaced them along the way and replaced them with a pair of long bolts. I would kind of like to get the right part to go in there. I tried the usual cast of on line sites but came up empty handed.

BTW, I did finally untangle the bird's nest I made by improperly winching out my line. I ended up having to cut off about the last 2' of cable as it had a good kink in it. I reclamped the cable end and rewound the cable on my drum while dragging my tractor up the driveway to get a good tight wrap. I WILL be more careful the next time I winch out my line!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks