• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP M37B1 help needed tonight.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
A friend of mine has a M37B1 64' thats having issues. We have a Air Show tomorrow to be at and he went to crank it today and the problem starts. If you can help tell whats wrong its got us all puzzled.

It ran fine yesterday , today it has no power.
Shooting oil from the exaust but has god compression (deep water kit installed) .
The oil is clean
Spark plugs changed yesterday then today 4 of them are black
New spark plugs put in today with no change of problem
And its got no power at all past 2nd gear. He added some sea foam and it helped a little bit.

Anyone know what might be wrong with it to go from 100% fine to this in one day. We have a bit of a time crunch. Thanks guys - Jay

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure it's oil coming out the tailpipe or unburned gas. Maybe crossed wires. Start over at dist. points and wires, timing, float level, etc. Maybe you'll find something easy. Good luck

beltfedonly

M37

Jay,
They are notorious for coil failure. Have him swap the coil from his other M37 and see what happens. See you tomorrow.
Beltfed

natem

Carb float stuck resulting in flooding? Failed condenser?
Float stuck comes to mind first, if it is stuck you will see over flow at vent, I think. Second I would suspect a bad coil, if it is bad week spark is possible. If it is condenser you would not get any spark. Also check for burnt points. Thats my best guestament, and worth every penny.

Nate

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
We will check the coil in the morning. I know the coils have a issue of going bad , and this one is olddd. We were just talking about that.

I will post results tomorrow. See you there Joel , Jay

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks