• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help, m51a2 radiator overflow if blowing out fluid

Tototex

My radiator cap overflow is gushing out water the second the truck starts. Than it kind of slows down and intermittently blow out water until the fluid gets low.

I bought a new cap to rule that out but I am unsure what else may be the problem.

After you turn the truck off, you can hear water gurgling down the hose that goes to the engine.

Could the water pump be bad? Blown head gasket? Any way to narrow down or test these things?

Thanks,
Jason

Tototex

So I just had a new head gasket put in 9 months ago. And the previous owner said he had replaced the head gasket as well.

What would cause re-occurring blown head gaskets? Warped heads or block? Is there any way to verify myself?

Wonder if I should get it repaired or start looking for a new engine.

Jason

acesneights1

First of, which engine do you have ? LDS ? Some of these had Mack motors. It could be a cracked head as well. I would do a pressure test and maybe pull the injectors to see which cyl. Any coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant ? You could have the antifreeze sample analyzed. is there bubbling in the coolant with the engine running ?

Scrounger

The symptom you describe sounds like a head gasket. A simple way to check is with a surgical/ latex glove. Remove the cap from the coolant reservoir and with the engine running hold the open end of the glove around the opening of the reservoir. If a head gasket is leaking into the coolant the glove will inflate.

Ford Mechanic

First of, which engine do you have ? LDS ? Some of these had Mack motors. It could be a cracked head as well. I would do a pressure test and maybe pull the injectors to see which cyl. Any coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant ? You could have the antifreeze sample analyzed. is there bubbling in the coolant with the engine running ?
Sound advice there. Covered all the bases.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk