• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help! M62 Conversion to diesel

eroscoe

alright gents, ive located a DD 6-71 I6 locally had an old friend check her out shes currently in an old tandem dump truck. its been sitting for 5 years since the cab rusted through and can grab the whole truck for 1500$ with the extra parts all theyre and shes a runner, oil is good coolant is good no leans 40psi at idle of oil pressure.

so i believe it is all set to do the swap, just wondering if this has been done and any tips you guys may have. im sure the penetrating fluid will be handy.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There is a few here that have a 671 in a 5ts, though not a 62, the install should be the same

JDToumanian

A 6-71 in the older 5-tons is definitely a stretch.... It's too tall and too long. For mine, Memphis Equipment made a special taller hood to clear, and my oil pan has a dent from the front axle hitting it. The rear of the engine extends into the cab requiring a doghouse cover. When NAPCO repowers 5-tons, they use the DD 6V-53 (210hp)... A bit wider, but not as tall or long. A much better fit. To have adequate HP for a wrecker I'd go with a 6V53T, which is 275hp.

Here's a thread on my 5-ton tractor with the 6-71 so you can see some pics.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/7608-my-1953-diamond-t-m52-tractor-parts-truck.html

Regards,
Jon

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks