• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me figure out what this trailer is

F18hornetM

They could carry a very long pole.

They would put the pole on the trailer but forward with the center of the pole over the axle. They would clamp either flags of lights to the end of the pole. They would then attach the portable lunette eye to the but end, I have seen these attached with either clamps or bolts. The trailer would then be hooked to the truck and off they went. These trailers were used by the utility companies doing maintenance.
Your right about a long pole, the dinky would be further back. But I didn't mean a short pole, I meant a large pole. Poles back when that trailer was new were small compared to today. Poles are very heavy depending on the class of pole and that body doesn't look heavy enough to carry a "large" pole. A 70' pole is very "large" LOL. Where I work ours will carry very large/long poles and several of them. Ive only seen lunette eyes attached with bolts drilled through the pole. But I'm sure all kinds out there. I've worked for the electric company for 25 years, have spent a great deal of time around all kinds of pole trailers. Still an awesome trailer he saved, I'd love to have it.