• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me identify this part...

kojo0513

Received my 87 6.5 yesterday afternoon. Doing some fluid flushes today and say this rusted out hole in the part behind the oil pan. What part is that? Transmission? Am I screwed?

Sorry I'm still trying to learn how to read the TMs...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440628663.842332.jpg

Taken from the right side of the vehicle .

Here's the engine oil..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440628694.777195.jpg

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the inspection cover for the flex plate and torque converter.
The TM's that end in -P are the parts TM's and have illustrations.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That triangular hole is probably just the drain hole for the cover and rust is minor. Nothing to worry about....unless the engine oil shown in the next picture is implied to have come out of that hole (joke) .

Bob

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep...flex plate cover. To remove will require the starte and exhaust cross over pipe be removed...sometimes you can get the cross over off without dropping the starter....unless the flex plate is contacting the cover...just leave it.
And if you have never owned a diesel...the oil is soote black like that.

kojo0513

Haha phew. Thanks. Never owned a diesel. Closest I got was a 6.2 V8 Ford.

I assume this rig has been sitting around a lot for years. 13k miles. So doing a full flush.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haha phew. Thanks. Never owned a diesel. Closest I got was a 6.2 V8 Ford.

I assume this rig has been sitting around a lot for years. 13k miles. So doing a full flush.
Never trust the odometer for correct mileage in a MV they swap gauges rather than repair them . The tell tale signs are wear on the rubber on the pedals.

kojo0513

Never trust the odometer for correct mileage in a MV they swap gauges rather than repair them . The tell tale signs are wear on the rubber on the pedals.
In that case.. It's really old. I have no rubber.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440637061.056443.jpg

Also, they seemed to have removed something on the left side of that photo. There was a wire running down to it and it's been snipped. Any clue?

kojo0513

They've cut the power cord with the male ends to the dimmer switch. Anyone know what size (12, 14, 16 gauge) that male plug is? Thinking about picking up a couple of the male plugs and calling it a day

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks