• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me prove that deuce fits in garage

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both houses I had previously had the standard 7'x8' doors with a 20' length, doubt they would have taken the deuce. Just finished building a house that has 20'wide x8' tall door x26' deep garage, wanted to make sure it would take anything I would bring home!!

Measure twice, and if all else fails, a chainsaw is helpful getting that last 2 inches in....

G-Force

WOW.....now you guys got me thinking.......Lets see.......I'll make the height with the windshield down but the lenght is a problem........the kitchen is on te other side of that wall....Hmmmmm........do I really need a kitchen?????? TAKEOUT.......Thats it!!!!!! But do you think it would affect the resale value?????

SasquatchSanta

Living in Arizona it gets pretty hot outside so the first thing I did when I bought my deuce was get ot the tape measure and compare the truck to my garage space. Width and height was no big deal but my garage is about 6 inches too short in depth :( .....Tried figuring out if i could take a lil off the deuce or add a lil to the garage. No luck without some massive reconstruction of either one :(

Mark (deuce newbie)

Bob it :-D

mckeeranger

Living in Arizona it gets pretty hot outside so the first thing I did when I bought my deuce was get out the tape measure and compare the truck to my garage space. Width and height was no big deal but my garage is about 6 inches too short in depth.
Is that with, or without winch?

I realize it's probably not a problem in your case, but in the case of the OP, it would be better to have a deuce without a winch than to not have a deuce.

mckeeranger

WTF James, chrome!?
You would be the one to catch that. I had just replaced those and they are OD now.
I noticed it too, but I have to admit; it wasn't because of the chrome, it was because of the mirror mounts.

One of ours has mounts like those, I thought they were just something someone fabricated. Is that the case, or were they one type of the "factory" mounts?

saddamsnightmare

October 11th, 2009.

Blacktop_One:

Better you then me..... I've never tolerated the antics of a housing association, I guess that goes with being from West Virginia and Texas.... However, Bull_Dog Mack 13 on heree might have some suggestions as to how to get a deuce in a garage, as I believe
he has done so at one time or the other. Between you & I, I'd find somewhere else to store the truck, as it is an unholy pain to raise the windshield, put on the stack, cab roof bows, cover and cover bows and all that just to get to drive your truck. AND if your garage is under the house or apartments, I would warn you that neither your wife or neighbors are going to love that diesel exhaust smell (and the soot on the garage rafters) that comes with an M35A2 Multifuel engine. I'd go for an M37 and spend a coupla bucks more, because they fit a standard garage much better then a deuce does. I don't know where Cypress, TX is, but if you're near a large city, you'll likely get some more reactions then from your neighbors, I hope they're all good, but the more BMW's,Volvos, Mercedes (other then Unimogs), there are in the area, the more likely you're gonna catch grief.

Good luck, and really brown them off... put a magnetic "UN" sign on the cab doors!:twisted:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

saddamsnightmare

October 11th, 2009.

"WTF, James, Chrome?" I love it when you guys try to domesticate a wild animal!!! Chrome on the bumper and bumperettes might just do it (and on the .50 cal too!).Deuces were probably never designed to be in a garage (unless its a Quonset hut....
another hobby for the OD lovers,eh?) or a large truckl garage. Keep going, I can't wait to see how many steel soldiers will fit in a deuce in a carport, could be a new Olympic sport.
In any case, when I buy land I make sure there's no restrictions on it.... I'm not inclined to have folks who don't pay my taxes tell me what I'm gonna do on my property. For a few bucks more, I figure a M102 105MM Howitzer ought to be just the right size for a "squirrel" rifle....you get more pecans per shot that way.

:-D Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

hellrayzor1

I don't have a winch on my truck but that is on the (To Add List). If I had 1 it would make it easier to punch a hole thru the front of my garage so the truck would then fit, dont want to damage the radiator going thru the studs and sheetrock :oops:

Mark

blacktop_one

I figured I'd get around the exhaust in the garage problem by hooking up one of those flexible exhaust hoses and hook it on the outside of the garage. That way I can let it warm up in the garage and not asphyxiate! BTW, Cypress is a suburb of Houston (far northwest side) but our neighborhood is pretty middle class. If they complain, I'll ask if they'd rather I have a purple metalflake Dodge Charger lo-rider with 22" bling bling wheels. I'll probably end up keeping it at a storage facility and just have it at the house on weekends for uh, maintenance.

BugEyeBear

WOW.....now you guys got me thinking.......Lets see.......I'll make the height with the windshield down but the lenght is a problem........the kitchen is on te other side of that wall....Hmmmmm........do I really need a kitchen?????? TAKEOUT.......Thats it!!!!!! But do you think it would affect the resale value?????
No, your Deuce resale value will be the same with or w/o a kitchen! :grin:

Steaminjim

Look on the positive side, keeping it in the garage gives you many more choices when it comes to insurance companies. Many of them require that it be locked up for coverage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks