• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help! MEP-002a starts then immediately the solenoid kills the engine-what all can trigger this???

Ray70

Your temp sensor is screwed into the engine block under the air louvers below the muffler. The harness you showed earlier dangling down should plug into the connector on the side of the air louver housing. That plug has 2 short wires inside the air louver that connect to you temp switch.
Before you plug it in you could try jumping the 2 wires in the dangling harness together with a small jumper wire and see if that keeps you running.
I believe that plug has 3 pins but only 2 have wires, so be sure to jump the correct pins together.

Tpoole

Working great! The ground was rusted and I'm assuming that was all the issues! except for the sparatic idle, any tips on getting that right? Such as where the gov spring is? When I kill the engine the spring is so loose it falls off. What's the optimal spring setting, idle arm setting?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
Working great! The ground was rusted and I'm assuming that was all the issues! except for the sparatic idle, any tips on getting that right? Such as where the gov spring is? When I kill the engine the spring is so loose it falls off. What's the optimal spring setting, idle arm setting?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
If you look in the TM, there is a very good description of how to adjust the Fuel shut off solenoid and gov spring.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks