• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help My 5 ton is under flood water!!

ODdave

Buy a DUKW next. Honestly, i bet it will run again, i dont think there will be as much sediment in vital areas as some think. To get LARGE amount of sediment you need flow, water working its way in through the breathers and slober tube is not going to permit much flow at all. With any luck vapor locks will form (except in the trans b/c it has to openings) and there will be minimal amounts of water entering the componants. The truck was not running so things where not up to temp so that should also help on the amount of vacum created by cooling the parts rapidly.

GIVE HER HE**, and let us know the outcome!

Good luck.

Last edited:

aggopian

I'm not sure where this has gone but if you're planning to try to save it I would get all the clean WMO I could carry.
I would drain the water/oil from everything and OVERFILL everything with it.
You could even thin it with some Kerosene and put it in a sprayer and spray it on anything you think will rust/corrode.
Fill cylinders, spray inside Fuel tank, spray under dash, spray chassis pedals, doors hinges, and internals.
Don't worry about getting things dirty that's the plan.
Once it's thoroughly doused in oil it will be fairly well protected from further rust and allow you to come back later with more time/tools. At the very least it will protect the parts from becoming a ball of rust if you plan to part it or use it for spares. Plus if it's a Multi WMO will work as fuel and lube everything enough to drive it around your land and see if there's any major mechanical damage.

Given your time constraints it should be doable in a weekend. Plus WMO is cheap (read free).