• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP! Need gaskets for spin-on oil filters

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mounted jatonka's spin on oil filter adapters a while back. However, when I installed them, I misplaced the gaskets that go between the adapters and the engine block. I used a set of oddball gaskets that I had laying around and mooshed them into fit, and torqued the adapters down. Worked okay, a little seepage but not bad.

Today, started it up and oil all over the place. The gasket blew out and ripped, now I have nothing to act as a gasket.

I have a trip to make on Saturday morning with the deuce, I need a set of the appropriate gaskets ASAP. Can anyone point me to the right size gaskets at NAPA perhaps? Or if you have a spare set can you overnight them to me?

Perhaps jatonka can chime in with the right info? Please? Owe you a cigar! :-D

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If they are made to replace the canisters, wouldn't you just need the gasket listed in the part cross referance?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, that's the one, but I don't have that gasket.

John Tennis just called me, said that the NAPA number for the correct gasket I need is 5119. He said my mistake was trying to use a O-ring gasket to replace the flat fiber gasket that was original. His advice was much appreciated, will stop by NAPA first thing tomorrow....

militarytrux

same thing happened to me last week, I headed over to NAPA and had to buy the whole filter just to get the flat gasket, they told me the gaskets were not available separately?

Anyway we're back up and running with no leaks : )

jatonka

Anytime you guys need the gaskets, tell Napa man to look in the book, or call the wix tech line. If you still can't get them, I have them at my place all the while. JT out

LanceRobson

Mike, there is a bright side to this. The blowout happened at home instead of 200 miles from home on an Interstate.

Lance

EDIT to convert a NAPA oil gasket # to a WIX #, add a 1 in the front. 5119 becomes 15119 etc.

Last edited: