• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help!! need replacement lunette for M101A1

MIhunter

I need some help guys. The threads on my lunette are dinged up and I cannot get the nut back on. I have been looking high and low for a replacement lunette but cannot find one for the correct size. I purchased one from Oshkosh, but it is way too big. My trailer is stuck into the garane until I find one.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:

If it's REALLY messed up PM Hundy. He should have extras.

Scarecrow1

If all else fails I saw one on e-bay today . It was at a very high price ....I think it would be cheaper to take it to a machine shop and have them rethread it .

MIhunter

It looks like someone smacked it a few times on the thread end to get it out. I managed to get the nut off, but now it will not go back on. As hard as it is to find a lunette nut, I don't want to risk cross threading it. The very first threads are smushed. They seem to be beyond clean up

wbdodgeiv

If you really feel you can't fix it yourself, I would take it to your local machine shop and have them fix it. Shouldn't take much, most likely the end mushroomed a bit and some quick file work will get the nut strarted. You probably have just a couple bad threads, you could always carefully remove the first 2 threads with a file and see if the nut will start.

There are many things to try that would be a lot cheaper than buying a new one.

cbvet

It really shouldn't be that hard to repair. As mentioned above, judicious use of a file and/or a hacksaw blade should do the trick.
I know from experience, as I had to beat the crap out of mine to get it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks