• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help needed chicken shield and riser

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have Mk93’s available, they need pins. Sell the M23 mount, it won’t work on the setup you have, that was olden days of when they didn’t have chicken shields. Modern day uses small pintle for hmmwv’s on all the
mounts.

Drjduff

I have Mk93’s available, they need pins. Sell the M23 mount, it won’t work on the setup you have, that was olden days of when they didn’t have chicken shields. Modern day uses small pintle for hmmwv’s on all the
mounts.
Thank you very much. Will the mk93 work with the m2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BLK HMMWV

Looks like your getting some help from Greg and a few others.
Haven't had a chance to take pictures.
The Mk-93 is the better of the 2 mounts Mk-64 - Mk-93 in my opinion.
It's buffered and doesn't require the adapter you will need with the Mk64.
just my opinion but it will come down to how much you want to spend .

BLK HMMWV

this is a source to put in your computer.
Not always the cheapest ( almost never the cheapest actually but reliable) but you can find hard to find parts from him sometimes.

Drjduff

I have rebuilt everything in my hmmwv less the engine and transmission. For some reason this mount stuff is so hard for me to comprehend.

You mention the different mounts and I don’t know the difference. I can see now that my mk23 is worthless. I have a m1919 and I have a fake 50 from IMA (very pleased). I will have a real m2 within 18months. So I need a function mount and don’t care about price. I just can’t get a handle on what will mate with my setup where I can have the M2 and a ammo can.

I’m very appreciative of your time. I’m just lost

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have rebuilt everything in my hmmwv less the engine and transmission. For some reason this mount stuff is so hard for me to comprehend.

You mention the different mounts and I don’t know the difference. I can see now that my mk23 is worthless. I have a m1919 and I have a fake 50 from IMA (very pleased). I will have a real m2 within 18months. So I need a function mount and don’t care about price. I just can’t get a handle on what will mate with my setup where I can have the M2 and a ammo can.

I’m very appreciative of your time. I’m just lost

You just need a mk93 and the .50 will drop right on, it has the small 30/50 pintle that mates to the riser that holds your shield.

BLK HMMWV

that's a Mk-93 it is the newest style of cradle available.
Ideal for your M2 .
That one is damaged he is asking $1,250.00 for it ?
The price is about the going rate but your going to have to fix parts on it which will take time and money.

A Mk-64 can be found for around $600 or so but you will need a .50 cal adapter for it they can be found for around $100

Both the Mk-64 and Mk-93 have the ability to install brass catch bags below them.
They basically use the same bag but the frame that supports the bag is different.

You will also need a .50 T&E Mechanism to complete the set up no mater which mount you decide on.

Crane Tech who responded in an earlier post can supply you with a complete set up.
If you want to just go to one place and pay once then he's probably your guy.

If you want to spend some time you can save some money by piecing a cradle and related parts together yourself.
I get it you just want it and you want it now. !!!

I was just like you 20 years ago when I got my HMMWV I had to have everything right now.
I spent way more money then I should have looking back.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mk93’s amd 64’s are not easy to find...cheaply anyway. They come up, but they are not plentiful by any stretch of the imagination, especially right now with everyone doing turrets...it is a controlled item at the Govt level.

BLK HMMWV

Steve who has the MK-93 for sale minus pins is a stand up guy too.
Not trying to hurt a sale with him either.
Just remember you have a UPA that is missing parts. ( finding those missing parts will take time )
You will have a cradle missing pins ( finding those may be easier but will take time)
until you find the parts for the UPA you have missing parts and a T&E mech your still not going to have a cradle that will properly hold your M2.
Relax and enjoy the madness of HMMWV ownership and adding the proper roof ornaments .
BH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks