• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help needed here

whyme

i need to get a hold of a new or rebuilt m35 air-pack (old style) and im in a bit of a hurry. could anyone point me in a good direction?

back story, bought a truck, had no brakes, towed off base and stored at a fellow members place (almost 5 hrs away from me), went home ordered parts and returned to find that the air pack has gone as well. its time consuming and expensive to make the trip back and fourth. i have only got one more day to get down there in the next week or two and thats this tues.

to top that off ive got about $500 total left to my name to do this. what i need is a new or rebuilt airpack express shipped for under $400... o yeah, and they need to accept amex or paypal.

and i am not going to attempt a rebuild on the air pack for two reasons, one i dont wanna risk wasting another $130 and two because frankly i like the piece of mind of having a dependable braking system. (this is non negotiable) i am capable and understand the system but would rather do it when i have the time to ensure its done right.

hahaha i know its nuts but if anyone can help i will love you long time!:razz:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Your best bet is Erik's Military Surplus.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No brakes or hard to apply brakes. No brakes might be looking at master cyl. hard to stop but brakes airpack. Just a thought.

whyme

at first it was no brakes. i replaced the master and then we stared getting brake fluid outta the engine vent tube. pulled the air pack and looked inside cleaned some gunk and when i put it back i had brakes but then it wasn't releasing. i really don't wanna chance it on the journey home esp with the hills and what have you.

Chieftawny

Saturn Surplus may have them or Colemans. They are about 1.5 hrs away from you. there is also a place in halifax, but he is high for his prices. equipment parts sales.

rlwm211

You can use either air pack as the shorter one has an extended boss for the rear bolt to thread into. Otherwise the air and hydraulic connections should be the same.

You can get a rebuild kit and also the proper instructions in the UNIT MAINTANENCE TM's on the site.

RL